Face-to-Face changes Effective 2015
The following are the required elements for the current regulations for
the home health Face to Facedocumentation.
1. Please send your progress note, Discharge Summary, or History and Physical
for the encounter.
- Encounter must occur no more than 90 days prior to or not more than 30
days after the Home Health Start of Care
- Must be performed by a physician with PECOS enrollment or an NPP who saw
the patient. Thedocument must be signed and dated by the physician.
- Must show that patient seen for the main reason that home health is needed.
2. Other items required:
3. Home Bound criteria must be noted that gives:
- What services ordered
- What is reason for the services
- what caused patient to be homebound
- what assistance does the patient require. Does it include assistance of
a person, device or both?
- what is the effort required for the patient to leave home. Needs explanation.
The document will need to have your signature and date.
5. Hospital or other post-acute facility visit documents may be used to
meet the encounter information.
- We will send those documents for you to retain in the patient’s medical
record. CMS may requestthese records from you in the event of an audit
or additional documentation request.
For any questions please contact: St. Joseph Home Health nurse Face to
- Mission: 714-712-7181
- Anaheim: 714-712-7112